- A gathering of very expensive people.
- Similar to a meeting.
- But goes on for longer.
- Has food, wine and expenses thrown in.
- Also known as a "Jolly".
- A very expensive person who:
- Asks us lots of questions.
- Writes a report that tells us what we told him.
- Makes recommendations which we have made before
- but is never ignored, because he charges so much.
- Takes all our ideas to his next client
- (our competitor).
- Ivory Tower (where all the computer people hide out).
- A gathering of expensive people who:
- Turn up late.
- Ignore the agenda (assuming that there ever was one).
- Lose the point.
- Argue the toss.
- Fail to come to any conclusion or agreement.
- Overrun, so that they can be late for the next meeting.
- We are stuffed if this fails!
- An inflated and generalised description of what we do
- - Nobody can remember it.
- A way of claiming to save money but:
- Is really a way of shifting blame for spending it.
- and costs more because you need lots of people to administer it.
- A device for selling more powerful hardware.
- (See Windows XP)